Monday 5 July 2010

"The Wall"

The brick that started it all ! The one in the middle of the picture has blown in the firing process so we have a convoluted brick shape with a big blob on the top. the sand in the bit on the top has fused to glass like glaze. The garden sub soil was full of them and I had saved them over the years because I found them interesting. I researched the old maps and found that across the road from me was a brick works. I had accumilated various bits of sand stone, quarry tiles, odd bricks and roof tiles.... etc I wanted somewhere to sit and work outside and the idea of a three sided shelter (nick named my bus shelter) formed. I cannot walk far now, no more rambling through the countryside for me , but out in this I can enjoy all weathers, the wind in my hair, the bird song etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment