Wednesday 13 April 2016

Upcycling / furniture bashing

As a child I often saw ArtDeco sideboards in homes and loved the narrow cupboards on the sides... A little while ago I bought one ...I started to paint it... And wallpapered the insides with cream and red Chinese style paper...But it didn't seem to be going right...it didn't fit where I'd put it, it wasn't as useful as I thought it would be.
I still loved the side cupboards...I could take them off...but what to do with them /where to put them /how to use them...
No No it seemed to say to me...then I saw it...in the bay window of the back bedroom where the wall is covered in collaged wallpaper...
I got a friend to come and help...we dived in and got started and the top cupboard with sliding doors was off, the drawers out and the main cupboards doors off before I remembered to take a picture...
OK now when I click on photo it's not letting me access them...gerrrr.
Hopefully when I try again it will be in situ...in its finished glory. OK its letting me now...seems I have now to jump through hoops to photos now its upgraded its self...
Clever computers and simple humans like myself don't get on very well.....sigh...
I've come across some wooden plaques in my stash...l got them for something I never made...they may now have found a place to go.........
I just need two strong  bodies to carry it upstairs so I can finish it in situ...
getting excited !

No comments:

Post a Comment